Create Technical Training for People
When companies invest in technology, people must learn how to use these new tools confidently and correctly. We believe that successful technical training programs emphasize people rather than glamorize new technology.
We find that this focus produces the following results:
- Encourages users to adopt the new technology
- Builds confidence that lasts beyond the training session
- Reduces the dependence on expert users or help desks
- Creates a lasting improvement in employee productivity
- Maximizes the technology’s return on investment
We recommend that technical training projects begin with a training needs analysis to evaluate the technology, your company’s business needs, and most importantly your audience’s training needs.
Four Questions Every Participant Needs Answered
Generally, people who attend workplace technical training classes have four basic questions they want answered:
- “What is this thing?”
- “Why are we changing?”
- “How and when do I use it?”
- “What is the right way to use it?”
If the training course answers these four questions thoroughly, then users can unlock the technology’s potential.
Intulogy’s Technical Training Methodology
People learn best when they practice new technical skills and receive personalized feedback. Intulogy recommends that every technical training course contain practical hands-on exercises.
In classroom training and synchronous e-learning, the instructor can observe the participant’s actions while providing instant responses. However, even self-study methods such as asynchronous web-based training and job aids can offer participants a chance to practice and confirm their skills mastery.
Learn More about Training Solutions
- Workplace automation tools (e.g. handheld scanners and PDAs)
- Off-the-shelf software applications
- Proprietary software applications